Today’s interview is with Derrick Woods with e-Pure Liquids. His company is offering e-liquid sellers a great option moving forward and what could be a make-sense way to stay in business.
If you are in the liquid business we’re opening a new division within VapeMentors called PMTA Advisors to help you with options and choices and give you guidance moving forward.
What’s prompting this is D-Day- August 8. Things are happening everywhere. New products being launched and current ones being redone.
VAPExpo in Amsterdam and Prague are coming up. Please come meet with me! The first two weeks of august I’ll be touring as many companies and shops as I can.
If you heard vape radio #78, we talked about a new movie about vaping called A Billion Lives. It is now coming to the US, so stay tuned since it may be coming to a theater near you!
After 8/8 you cannot make any changes to your product. That means any changes. For those in the liquid market that are doing significant volume you must be sure that your lab, or the one you use, is set to upgrade to new requirements. Problem is, we don’t know exactly what those may be. So most are going to the extreme and are making pharmaceutical grade labs.
VAPE U III: Vape Summit. 4 days, 20 hours with 20+ of the most amazing thought leaders in the vape space to educate and empower you. Price is $197 until August 8.
What you’ll hear today:
- The August deadline will cause many businesses to close- unless they adapt to the new FDA requirements
- Derrick opened the second vape shop in Kansas City, KS
- Most are surprised the FDA regulations are as harsh as they are
- e-Pure has committed to staying in the game and helping other companies do likewise
- “What is considered to be a new product?” The FDA was not 100% clear
- ANY changes create a new product
- cGMP guidelines are not 100% clear, either, but creating a pharmaceutical lab is extreme, but more likely to be approved
- The process of creating a sterile environment can cost tens of thousands of dollars
- e-Pure starting prepping and upgrading their labs last year, expecting the worse, and are laying a foundation that other companies can join
- A PMTA can contain multiple flavors, each treated differently and separately
- The “base files” will be the same for all flavors, but just requires an “add on”
- Theoretically, getting approval of a low MG and a high MG flavor should allow the ones in the middle to be more easily approved
- e-Pure will amortize the costs per bottle rather than charge a large upfront fee
- In the future the number of products may be in the hundreds rather than thousands
- PMTA Advisors, a new division of VapeMentors, can help you adapt to the new rules
- The enforceability of the new regulations are unknown
The future of the vape space will be unpredictable, frustrating, dynamic, exciting and for some- lucrative. We hope you will be one of the survivors as we move forward into this Brave New World.
And I can assure you, we will be here to education, motivate and entertain you.
Do you have a topic you’d like to hear or do you have something to share? Someone you’d like us to speak with? Send us a note to email@example.com.
Before we leave I want to offer you all a great opportunity. Would you like to get your product, service or message in front of our targeted vaping audience?
Vape Radio is the largest vape radio show in the world with more than 1.3 million downloads since 2014, and one of the TOP TEN business podcasts of 2015 on Podbean, beating out more than 130,000 other shows. For just $750 you get your company integrated within THREE shows and we’re looking for TWO more advertisers to fill our spots; how about you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it for show #80, so until next time, Vape On!
Are you concerned about PMTA? Do you not have a juice line and want one? Level 13 offers you a turnkey program that can get your house brand on your shelves in just a few weeks.
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your device of choice, hit iTunes, and find “VAPE Radio.” You can download the free Apple Podcasts App and subscribe within. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “VAPE Radio.”
For podcast lovers – If you already listen to podcasts and have a favorite directory that you are listening to right now, just hit the “subscribe” button and new shows will be added as we post them.
If you don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. Just bookmark us!
If you post a review we’ll send you a free digital copy of my book, Vapreneur!