There is a problem in this country and it has become epidemic in the vaping industry: the increasing number of lawsuits.
We are the most free society in the world, but sometimes we have too many freedoms. One of them is the ability to sue anyone you wish, whether you have grounds or not. Someone does you wrong? You sue. Were you guilty or were you not? It doesn’t matter, you still must defend yourself.
This show is an interview with by attorney Ryan McQueeney with ARNETT LAW GROUP, LLC in Chicago. McQueeney has been involved with Diacetyl lawsuits for over a decade and defended the REAL microwave popcorn manufacturers where some injuries did take place and employees got the first cases of popcorn lung.
He offers his experience as well as his opinions on popcorn lung, bogus lawsuits and rightful causes. Check it out and share your thoughts.
What you’ll hear today:
- The first case of popcorn lung goes back to the early 2000’s. Nine out of 250 workers contracted the ailment at the plant
- There were about 100 different ingredients that made up the butter flavoring. Diacetyl was the most prevalent and was the “smoking gun”
- There are no guidelines as to what level of Diacetyl is “acceptable”
- Most vape lawsuits are based on lack of warning (consumer law) rather than damage caused
- Diacetyl is more prevalent in analog cigarettes than liquids, but smokers are damaged by worse injuries than popcorn lung
- An adequate warning label may keep you away from trouble
- Some believe we will major health issues in vapers over time
- Be sure you have comprehensive warning labels
- Having your products tested by a lab is a good idea.
- Be careful what you put on your web sites and marketing material as well within internal communication
- It is best to take a defensive position regarding liability
- Get any and all harmful ingredients out of your products and, take the high road and know that you are a target for litigation whether you want to be or not
- Get insurance! We recommend CalCo Commercial Insurance
- To contact Ryan: email@example.com 312-561-5677
Today’s show is sponsored by “Your E-liquids.” Are you a retail shop without your own house line? Do you already have your own liquids but lack consistency or confidence that they are offering you a product you can stand behind?
Your E-liquids offers you a turn-key 8-week program to develop your own line and includes help with marketing, branding and expansion into a wholesale channel if you wish.
For information contact me here at Vape radio, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re offering a free webinar series on how to open a vape shop and will cover the Essentials and also offer a Masters course. If you are not on our mailing list, visit VapeMentors.com and sign up.
Future shows will offer our new program called 2016 Vape Industry Survival Guide and coming up soon is an interview with our old bud, Grimm Green. We’ll be talking about vaping products to sell as well as to bu.
Would you like to get your product, service or message in front of our targeted vape audience?
Vape Radio is the #1 vape radio show in the world with more than 1.2 million downloads, and over 120,000 unique views a month. We were one of the TOP TEN business podcasts of 2015 on Podbean and beat out more than 130,000 other shows. For just $750 you get your company integrated within THREE shows and we’re looking for TWO more advertisers to fill our spots; how about you! Contact email@example.com.
Thank you for joining us on show #69.