Today’s interview is with Jason Carignan, CMO of Kreket International, and their subsidiary, Phillips and King.
There is one vape event that stands apart from the others and that is TPE. Tobacco Plus Expo is the official name, but most call it TPE for short. The show will be held on Jan. 25-26 in Las Vegas and the good news is that it’s free to all of us in the vape space.
Here’s why I make TPE a “must attend” event and you should to.
This show is an indicator of the direction of the vaping industry. Now that tobacco and vape are considered the same per the FDA, we are brothers in name, though not in culture. Add in the fringe elements of “alternatives,” including cannabis, hookah and similar products, and the unification of these vices may show us the future.
What you’ll hear today:
- The show has been owned my Kretek since 2009, which was founded 34 years ago, in 1982. Phillips and King is more than 100 years old
- The show is predominantly focused on the tobacco industry but has expanded into glassware, vapor and cannabis
- Kretek believes that vaping is here to stay, but must innovate and adapt
- Consolidation and attrition are inevitable, along with acquisition
- What is “alternative?” It includes cannabis, but that is becoming mainstream. Hookah is included, ditto clove cigars
- Tommy Chong (Cheech & Chong) will be a keynote speaker at TPE
- The last election in November may have been the Tipping Point regarding legalization of pot
- We will see consolidation of smoke, vape and head shops in the future
- Glassware is a big seller!
- Phillips & King carries about 25,000 different SKUs
- The TPE show is at the Las Vegas Convention Center and includes four separate “kingdoms” of tobacco, vape, alternative, and general merchandise with lounges in all
- All retailers are welcome to attend and they expect 250 exhibitors
- Education will be offered in the mornings from 8:00-11:00
- The show is free, but not on site!
Would you like to get your product, service or message in front of our targeted vaping audience?
Vape Radio is the largest vape radio show in the world with more than 1.3 million downloads since 2014, and one of the TOP TEN business podcasts of 2015 on Podbean, beating out more than 130,000 other shows. For just $750 you get your company integrated within THREE shows and we’re looking for TWO more advertisers to fill our spots; how about you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you concerned about PMTA? Do you not have a juice line and want one? Level 13 offers you a turnkey program that can get your house brand on your shelves in just a few weeks.
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your device of choice, hit iTunes, and find “VAPE Radio.” You can download the free Apple Podcasts App and subscribe within. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “VAPE Radio.”
For podcast lovers – If you already listen to podcasts and have a favorite directory that you are listening to right now, just hit the “subscribe” button and new shows will be added as we post them.
If you don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. Just bookmark us!
If you post a review we’ll send you a free digital copy of my book, Vapreneur!