Joining us today is Bethany Gomez, Managing Director with the Brightfield Group from Chicago. They have been marketing and researching in cannabis and CBD more than 4 years
- old methodologies do not keep pace with this fast moving cannabis market
- Brightfield integrates social media with conventional methods
- their data science division analyzes all these components
- they look at lifestyle as well as metrics
- where is the CBD market strongest? Boomers? Millennials? Seems to be both and here’s why!
- The stressed out Millennials can be angry and the Aging Boomers can have pains
- How big was CBD in 2018? $600M pretty good considering it was mostly illegal on a federal level most of that time, sales were through independent retailers, no large chains, mostly word of mouth, no marketing beyond a point
- How big will it be in 2019? $5 Billion
- $22B by 2022…
- Fits into SOOO many consumer products
- Europe is a patchwork of different rules and opportunities, similar to the US until the Farm Bill passed. The US status was clarified with one law; can the same thing happen in Europe?
- Opportunities for making money? Yes, we discuss that too! Product innovation, competitive positions rule. What is a White Space? Find out here, plus learn about how long the window of opportunity may last
- And what about the female market? Lots of opportunities here ttoo.
- Contact Brightfield and Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org