This show is not intended to be a scary one, but I warn you,it will be. Halloween is coming and what is happening in the vape world is alltrick and no treat. Everyone is focused on the FDA and of course, they are thebiggest and the baddest of the group, but there are goblins and gremlins muchcloser to you. The FDA is just the point of the spear but there are many thatare following their lead. Some are in your city and some are in your statecapital. Even though our conversation today is about a specific proposal inCalifornia called Prop 56, it is a dangerous sign of things to come.
Today we’ll be talking with someone that many ofyou will know; Cynthia Cabrera, the former Executive Director of SFATANational. She has been a leader in vaping advocacy for years and a friend andsupporter of ours as we have of her. Today we’ll talk about “No on 56” inCalifornia and also about another law on the other side of the country, in myold home state of Pennsylvania.
What you’ll hear today:
- Cynthia has been in the vape space since 2010 andshares her experiences
- There is still paranoia and fear but many arepushing back- and some are planning their 2 year exit plan…
- It’s very easy to do things wrong and be in theFDA’s crosshairs
- California is a bell weather state and many othersfollow their lead. They are anti-cigarettes, so vape is caught in the wake
- Proposition 56 incorporates a $2 per packcigarette tax and can increase vaping products over 60%. It looks like it willpass…
- Pennsylvania tax incorporates a “floor tax” whichtaxes inventory before it is sold and is 40% of wholesale
- These laws could devastate the vape industry
- This information must go out to the public,smokers or non-smokers
- We cannot count on the media for unbiasedinformation and support and they use unverified sources
- This year and next may be worse for excessivetaxation than any before
- For better or worse, we ARE tobacco in the eyes ofthe law. For every nail in the coffin in tobacco it puts a nail in the coffinof vape
- Is there a future in vaping? Cynthia believes so.But it will be different
- We have two years to fight many off the possiblefutures
- To contact Cynthia: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 844-6CATING
The future of the vape space will beunpredictable, frustrating, dynamic, exciting and for some- lucrative. We hopeyou will be one of the survivors as we move forward into this Brave New World.
And I can assure you, we will be here toeducation, motivate and entertain you.
Do you have a topic you’d like to hear or do youhave something to share? Someone you’d like us to speak with? Send us a note email@example.com.
Before we leave I want to offer you all a greatopportunity. Would you like to get your product, service or message in front ofour targeted vaping audience?
Vape Radio is the largest vape radio show in theworld with more than 1.4 million downloads since 2014, and one of the TOP TENbusiness podcasts of 2015 on Podbean, beating out more than 130,000 othershows. For just $750 you get your company integrated within THREE shows andwe’re looking for TWO more advertisers to fill our spots; how about you!Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you concerned about PMTA? Do you not have ajuice line and want one? Level 13 offers you a turnkey program that can getyour house brand on your shelves in just a few weeks. Contact us here atvapementors.com
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show thatenables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to theshow from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your deviceof choice, hit iTunes, and find “VAPE Radio.” You can download the free ApplePodcasts App and subscribe within. Every time I produce a new episode, you’llget it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the StitcherRadio app (free) and search for “VAPE Radio.”
For podcast lovers – If you already listen topodcasts and have a favorite directory that you are listening to right now,just hit the “subscribe” button and new shows will be added as we post them.
If you don’t have a mobile device – You can alwayslisten to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. Just bookmark us!
If you post a review we’ll send you a free digitalcopy of my book, Vapreneur!