March 19, 2019
Joining us today is Bethany Gomez, Managing Director with the Brightfield Group from Chicago. They have been marketing and researching in cannabis and CBD more than 4 years
- old methodologies do not keep pace with this fast moving cannabis market
- Brightfield integrates social media with conventional methods
- their data science division analyzes all these components
- they look at lifestyle as well as metrics
- where is the CBD market strongest? Boomers? Millennials? Seems to be both and here’s why!
- The stressed out Millennials can be angry and the Aging Boomers can have pains
- How big was CBD in 2018? $600M pretty good considering it was mostly illegal on a federal level most of that time, sales were through independent retailers, no large chains, mostly word of mouth, no marketing beyond a point
- How big will it be in 2019? $5 Billion
- $22B by 2022…
- Fits into SOOO many consumer products
- Europe is a patchwork of different rules and opportunities, similar to the US until the Farm Bill passed. The US status was clarified with one law; can the same thing happen in Europe?
- Opportunities for making money? Yes, we discuss that too! Product innovation, competitive positions rule. What is a White Space? Find out here, plus learn about how long the window of opportunity may last
- And what about the female market? Lots of opportunities here ttoo.
- Contact Brightfield and Bethany at email@example.com
February 5, 2019
TPE is the first major show of the year- and I think the best.
Not a party or cloud comp, this is a professional show run by professionals. Vape, tobacco, alternative, CBD, it’s all here along with probably the best educational program of the year. Today we speak with Ben Stimpson with TMG Media, owned by Krekek and Phillips & King.
December 16, 2018
The Vaping Advocacy and Education Project, also known as VAEP, is a labor of love created by Kellie Anne Forbes, a registered nurse. After finally kicking the habit after decades of failing (wait till you hear what she went through!), so found vape and never looked back. But she was dismayed and angry at the false medical research that was out there.
Using her skills she poured through hundreds of medical reports and condensed the information into bite-sized pieces which she makes available- for free. She expanded her Canadian nonprofit into the US and you get to hear and see her vision and the outcome she is trying to create.
December 3, 2018
As we fend off the attacks from the FDA and regulators, one of the easiest ways to protect yourself is to check the IDs and age of all your buyers, both in person and online. On this week's show, #100!, we interview Chris Meyer with Intellicheck, the leaders in age verification, bar none.
For over 25 years they have been protecting government and law enforcement agencies and commercial businesses as well, from the proliferation of phony Ids. The technology allows duplication of magnetic strips, state driver's licenses and anything you can imagine.
Learn how to protect your business from liability and exposure!
We also offer a free one hour webinar which provides a product demo plus discount if you mention VapeMentors. Find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/264852614229054/
October 30, 2018
Sometimes we wonder if we can make a difference in the world or in the vaping space. Wendy had passion and drive and did well until YouTube terminated her account... Learn about perseverance and commitment to recover and get back in business.
Hard to believe, but we are just one away from number 100!
October 30, 2018
Chris Howard is the attorney for E-Alternative Solutions, a division of Swisher. This interview provides insight to how large tobacco companies have recognized the power of vaping and have tapped into the needs of the marketplace.